Drink your water ladies and gents!
(Source: vegucateyourself, via heyfranhey)
Whole Wheat Kale & Roasted Tomato Thin Crust Pizza
I think that once people truly realize God is real, your whole perspective changes. I know that people believe in God but do you REALLY? There is something missing with many Christians today. I say that because I talk to many believers who admire my walk with God and ask me about it, and it might sound weird but I think many Christians acknowledge God in their minds but they don’t allow that TRUTH to CHANGE who they are. I always tell them about when I first came into the church and was learning about God, one thing that stuck with me is when I was told God is everywhere and sees everything and even knows our THOUGHTS!! WHOA! I don’t know why but that little knowledge right there changed my life forever, I was scared and excited at the same time! To this day I just bust out talking to God no matter where I am, LOL, and I’m little concerned people will think I am LOCO! But hey, I know Who I’m talking too, so whatever, they need to know Him too LOL!
Seriously, though, I mean GOD IS for real, for real, like no joke, He sees us, hears us, follows everything we are doing, He remembers stuff about our childhood that we have forgotten, He keeps track of everything we have done (unless it has been remitted). He knew what our favorite color and food and favorite style of clothing would be the moment we were conceived. When you are old and staring at the wall in a nursing home, He will still see you for who you were and will become. I HOPE YA’LL ARE GETTING THIS!
Guys, the closest person to you ever was, is, and will be YAHWEH and that pretty much describes my relationship with God, He is the Source of my life and my Friend. I fellowship with the saints at church and have a good time but that is not where I go to be intimate with my Lord God. My greatest spiritual moments have always been in my bedroom. I don’t love God like I should all the time but I do Love Him, oh do I love Him, my Creator, and Redeemer!!! Most of all HE LOVES ME!!!!
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s - Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did last year.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
We have two nature’s as mankind, one is for evil, and one is for good. Life’s journey can be simply stated as this: our will to do right must be, without question, stronger than our will to do wrong. — Dezi Quotes
Do you see a man who excels in his work?
He will stand before kings;
He will not stand before unknown men.Proverbs 22:29 (NKJV)
How is success measured? I believe that the heart of success is when you know you have reached your full potential and you’ve done everything that you can to excel in your work, whether that be teaching, skating, or singing. For me, its dance. I know that if I want to be the best dancer for the Lord that I possible can be, I have to do the things those in secular dance do and even more. So I run, I lift weights and I do my man push-ups, lol! The music creates the movement so I don’t have to worry about that. BUT I do need to keep in shape and take care of my temple.
Guys and Gals, whatever it is you do, EXCEL in it, let it be apart of who you are and do it everyday. Be encouraged! xoxoxoxoxo Love Always, Dezi!
Ladies and Gentlemen (don’t mean to leave out the guys), many of us don’t see the benefit of humility or meekness, until we run across someone who runs over us with their pride and selfishness.
You see, I recently ran across a friend who had just stopped talking to me period, seemingly out of the blue. Mind you, we live in the same city. Then, by happenstance I managed to run into her, she seemed all too happy to see me, but immediately I sensed a fake-ness. Now, I will never know why she decided to stop answering my calls, or her reasons for cutting me off, but this is the same girl, who really had no other friends and had cut off several other people before. I knew this but decided to ignore it.
My point is that I recognized that I was being used. I don’t think she is an evil person but I think that she got what she wanted from me and when she felt the cost of being my friend was no longer worth the effort, she cut me off. Simple, but usually that’s how superficial human relationships work. Selah (meditate on that). I”ll talk more about superficial relationships later…I know that hit chord with some of you.
What does this have to do with humility? Well, a lot. Anytime someone makes me feel angry or mistreated, the Holy Ghost always brings to my remembrance my own imperfections. I have hurt people too. I have been selfish, prideful, and assumed that I was always right. I’m truly realizing now how much that has hurt me in my past and prevented me from having the kinds of the relationships I desire. I don’t want to be that person anymore. The leading cause for superficial relationships in my opinion is, downright, stone-cold, selfishness, period.
Now, through all that I have been through lately (my car, my acne, recognizing superficial relationships in my life, feeling less-than) my Humility Fruit has grown much bigger and I love it! There are things that I am sure of about God and His righteousness, and His love, and I never allow my circumstances or the way I think things should be distort this truth. What I am saying is I know my place, I am beginning to see who I am from a low place instead of a high. The things that are special about me, are special indeed but there is no reason for me to walk around like I am the only one with special gifts on the planet. For example, I know right from wrong in the eyes of God, but humility allows me to share love with others first instead of correction or criticism. In SA recovery they state it like this: let people be where they are at. I like that…
more to come…
GOD knew what He was doing when He made stuff, daughters!
Paying It Forward -
in many big cities across the country small businesses are participating in a “suspended meals” charity that allows customers to pay in advance for a meal (or cup of coffee) that someone who cannot afford might ask for. Sweet or what?! Jesus said, It is better to give than to receive.